SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the soul of Digital Marketing. SEO is a sub-topic of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), it’s a term that is used to describe all marketing strategies for search. SEM involves both organic and paid search. SEO enhances website visibility, user traffic, conversion rate, and ROI.
There are over 6,94,000 searches on Google every second! Hence, every second if your website is not indexed on Google, there is a greater chance of missing out on hundreds, if not thousands of opportunities for someone potential who may have wanted to visit your website, read your content, and interested to buy your product or service! Practicing SEO drastically improves your website’s ability to rank in the search engines and get found by your potential target customers.
A site that is ranked good is more user oriented with good traffic as compared to others which are not. Well this has been stated by Google, which of course is responsible to rank websites online!
Digital Marketing focuses on communicating values through Digital Tools like Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, E-mail marketing, Online Pay-Per Click Advertising, Influencer Marketing, Content Automation etc.SEO involves various strategies which results into increase in number of visitors and hence ranking of website. All this thus forms the essential part of Digital Marketing.
Importance of SE0:
- SEO is pocket friendly, fixed paid service provided by different agencies.
- It improves search engine ranking of your websites.
- Mobile SEO is an inevitable part of Digital Marketing, increasing traffic.
- Wise implementation of SEO elevates business growth.
- SEO helps in increasing traffic, hence increasing conversion rate and ROI.
- SEO practices improve the user experience and executes a judicious use of a website.
- Users trust search engines which are positioned on the top.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. For an instance, if two websites are selling the same product/services, then the website listed ahead of another seems to fetch more potential and make more sales.
Stages of the Search Engine Optimization process:
- On-site SEO: Rules to apply on your site and content to make it search engine friendly.
- Off-site SEO: Includes ways to promote your website or blog so that it can rank higher in search results.
Importance of Keywords in SEO
The first step in search engine optimization is to identify the terms people are searching for (also known as “keywords”)that you want your website to rank for in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.
There are a few key factors to consider when determining the keywords:
- Search Volume – The most important factor to consider while searching for a keyword is how many people (if any) are actually searching for a given keyword. More the people searching for a keyword, the bigger the audience you stand to reach.
- Relevance- Another important factor to determine keyword is relevance. The searched keyword should match with the domain you are searching for.
- Competition –Understanding the relative competition (and likelihood to rank) for specific terms is equally important.
To sum up the above information, it’s important to understand that SEO is a very important branch of Digital Marketing. And that Digital Marketing can’t thrive without SEO! These days so many Digital Marketing Courses are offered by various institutes and academies that are giving quality education in the subject, which further helps to fetch good job to learners!
Krademy is one such Online Instructor Led Institute that provides with various module-based courses in Digital Marketing. All the courses are supported and reviewed by TCOE, Govt. of India.
Join Krademy for a bright future in Digital Marketing!